Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In Leiu of a Christmas letter I suppose

I can't say that the last month has been easy. Moving is stressful! But I am so thankful for what and where it has brought me... Maybe this is too personal for my little blog, but I moved in with my boyfriend a month ago despite feeling unhurried to do so...it just worked out that way... the location and price and landlord especially. Moving from my little cottage where I've been cozied up this last year was harder than I imagined. It was the longest I'd been in one home since high school....and i had grown attached. But being in a relationship with and living with J is a blessing and a gift...even with the challenges that go along with such relationships -sharing space, making decisions together, communicating, emotions/stress...and navigating my own struggle with how the decision goes against the values I was raised with regarding marriage, sex and relationships - yet feeling confident that the decision was appropriate for us and that there is Grace for us amidst the complicated nature of ...life and love. Additionally, I'm constantly impressed with J's care and persistence, willingness to learn and grow and love and be loved...and most especially his ability to make me laugh. I'm enjoying sharing a home with him and am eager to allow myself to feel even more settled here. I continue to work at the little deli where I've been since I moved back to San Diego and that is treating me just fine for the time being. Jeff is continuing to build his cabinet refinishing business - soon to be Cabinet Revival. His parents live here in town, so I've gotten the benefit of having family in town to have dinner with occasionally - in fact we got into the habit of heading over there Sundays to have dinner and watch Dexter...oh dear! I'm continuing with school this coming semester after a successful fall semester with chemistry and physiology!! A's all around!! And am so grateful for a month long break from the studying in the meantime! And time to post all these fun pics :) Enjoy...

From newest to oldest...

Christmas Eve at the Sands with our party hats

So glad my parents were able to visit for a week before Christmas!!



Santa actually comes to the Sands!!!





Christmas morning at my place!
Dutch babies and Christmas Vacation movie in our cozy little nest!


Rainy day at the USS Midway with friends and family


Arizona visit with my brother and family...


My awesome parents cooking up a leg of lamb for pre-Thanksgiving dinner!



My adorable nephew

Watching the old west gun fight show in Tombstone


Mom and Sister in Law :)



Me and my sweetie in the Arizona sun


Sunrise dog walk with parents and friends



First night in our new place!!

And an irresistible little video of my little monkey nephew. Sorry it's sideways!

3 comments:

Second Sister said...

I really liked the sunrise dog walk picture. I miss outside places like that and it looked perfectly framed in the mountains. Happy New Year!

Graham Ottley said...

What's up Leigh?? Maybe we could all get together for some skiing or maybe just the apres ski part.

Kelli said...

Leigh, I think I just smiled since I could tell you were smiling while you posted this. So glad to have this to stay updated. =) On top of that, I'm thankful for your learnings and such. Made vegetable soup tonight at base and thought of you!