Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!!

I went to the SD airport today to the only TCBY I know of to celebrate my dad's birthday. It is kind of fun actually to go to the airport on no particular schedule or agenda with no bags. Unfortunately the TCBY is in the boring Terminal 2, so there wasn't much people watching to do, and I don't think TCBY is as good as it used to be, sad to say...but it was a fun way to celebrate the memory of my dad - he loved TCBY and we would get it at the airport sometimes :) He would have been...61 this year, maybe? wow. hard to imagine, when he died at a youthful 46...though, really, I imagine he would be just as youthful for a 61 year old, like his sisters are :)
Also, I started my first class today at City College! I'm very excited about it, Biology - a general survey, geared towards those entering a health profession. It seems I've got 2 very good professors with a lot of varied experience who are team-teaching the class! One is more of an environmental biologist, the other a molecular biologist/cancer researcher. I'm thrilled to be there and that it is within biking/walking distance from home. Now, I just have to find the 12 hrs/week they recommend to study! yikes. It feels really good to be starting something long term that I feel excited, motivated, optimistic, hopeful and at peace about...this is new for me. :)

No comments: