Thursday, December 03, 2009

Dear Santa

Here's my Christmas wish-list.
It should make up for the last however many years that I haven't had one at all...

digital camera (a simple quality one)
iPod (probably just a small one that I can use while running or in the car)
a really nice expensive little down jacket from Patagonia (you know for these bone-chilling San Diego nights)
new shoes (closed toe ones that I don't care about getting sloppy with mayo and grease)
jeans (you know, ones that actually fit and don't have bleach stains or smell like deli)
a backpack for backpacking...mmm, yes, for when no work again and can actually go backpacking
a comforter (again for these cold winter nights)
new brakes and back wheel for my bike and saddlebags or a back basket for the rack
new tires for the car I'm borrowing and an inside detail/cleaning (it's just dirty)
a car (like Clancy maybe :))
perfume
this
dance lessons

Pathetically sincere,
Leigh

yah, not kidding.
Somehow, I want, I want, I want
it's never been this easy since I was a kid, to come up with such a christmas wish list.
ick.
Don't know what's come over me.
maybe it's the gottahaveitallandnow syndrome that so many suffer from here in SD
who knows.
it's helpful to get it off my chest anyway.
really i'm happy eating food, sleeping, being with friends/family, watching the occasional Office episode or 30 Rock (wow, that show is funny), reading, basking in the sun while exercising... keeping it simple...
day dreaming about my next travel adventure is enough for me
and enjoying right where I am with what I have...
though I do kinda want a camera...and the iPod would be nice...and well, i don't have a nice cozy jacket for when I visit the mountains ..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, Leigh, I know what you mean, it's hard not to be influenced by this igottahaveit time of year...
but you can find some cheap jeans at Old Navy, or cheap dance lessons through the Parks & Rec of SD (i took tap & jazz, i'm sure there's others)
I love the Office & 30 Rock too, but have you tried watching "Community" or "Parks & Recreation"? Hilarious!!

Ryan & I are thinking of coming to visit SD in the new year, maybe we'll see you :)
Take care,
Sarah

ashby said...

san diego is bad. I start wanting different things when I'm down there, too.

I think you should come up here and have a Christmas break with me again. we can sit on the couch and watch the office and 30 rock. I'm knitting my dad a sweater this year...it'll be great!

I miss you, friend.